Illia's Collected Sensations

*WriterOfFiction

Posted by *WriterOfFiction »

OOC: This topic will serve as a place for me to place Sensory Stones Illia has made with her vast amounts of free time. They'll vary from short, simple sensations to large posts entailing abstract and rare sensations she may have gathered through RP. I'll also mark whether the Sensory Stone is available in the Public or Private Sensorium (So that non-sensate personell don't meta-game having used one of her stones). I'd like to ask that others not post here and to give any comments to me via PM. I'll try to keep these appropriate for most audiences (I.E. not be filled with a bunch of Erotic Role Play and such, though I wouldn't suggest showing your children some of these things, of course. Some of the things Illia's seen, heard, felt, etc. are a bit... graphic).
*WriterOfFiction

Sensation: Flayed
Found only in the Private Sensorium.

Darkness... It was so dark out. Of course, Karasuthra is always dark, being the land of perpetual nighttime. Storming too... Everything was covered in rain water as the storm raged overhead, magic illuminating the area in quick flashes. Everyone around was soaked to the bone... Tired too. They pant heavily, leaning on their weapons, waiting for the next wave of demonic invaders to attack. The smell of wet grass is overpowered by the stench of hezrou, the metallic smell of blood... You look up, leaning on your great sword, only to catch a glimpse at her. Someone yells to cover your eyes. You quickly avert your gaze, and tie a ripped piece of cloth around your eyes... but the image is burned into your mind. A woman, possibly, draped in a ghostly white shroud flowing over her form, if you can call it that. She floats over the battle field toward you, impossibly tall... She speaks in an otherworldly voice, coming from nowhere and everywhere at once, taunting all over their demise. Then, from beyond the makeshift blindfold, you see a flash of light, and you feel your body get pulled into the air... It all takes place over a matter of seconds, yet it feels like an eternity... The pain begins... It starts from inside, in your abdominal region, like you'd swallowed razor blades and were only now feeling it as your body attempts to digest them. That cutting feeling... it quickly spreads throughout your entire body, as though the blade multiplied like a virus... The coppery taste of blood in your mouth... The blades begin to push out wards in a magnificent explosion of force... The pain... the pain... It's indescribably horrific, so abstract that it's impossible to put to words, almost impossible to even comprehend. As the blades explode outward, you feel every cell, every molecule, every fiber of your being torn asunder, and just before the end, the most unearthly scream of pain forms in your throat, a scream no mortal should be able to make, let alone hear.... Darkness. The sensation is over...
*WriterOfFiction

Sensation: Eladrin Wedding
Sensate Sensorium

A small fey girl, known as the Merrybringer, speaks: "We're brought here t'day to witness two souls join as one...., two souls that love each other, n'stand fer each other from now till the end of days.... "
*Arthur McRae grins at the brides maid*
*The Brides Maid Blushes a smile in a golden dress*

The Merrybringer: "Those present have provided them gifts, that one day might be left in the halls of their children, that they might be remembered this day and the rest of days beyond time itself.
"All that are witness will never be forgotten.... not now not ever... as these two, loving souls, stand together to the end."
*The two joined hands and held the stone together... *
Raullon, the Eladrin Lord: "......I would have journied to the ends of the multiverse to search for you.... I will not be apart from you again."
Elessi, Eladrin Lady: "I would wait for you for an eternity and more.... and I will always be yours now and forever."
The Merrybringer: "Do you concent to standing for each other, from now and forever beyond? Do you agree to become one?"
*The duo make their vow... and nod to each other... *
The Merrybringer: "Then by the ancient rite of bonding... you are now" *She tapped the stone, as a light radiated from it touching both Eladrin.* "One."
*The two gasped together ... then kissed to the celebration of the guards and the maid teary eyed, the captain tried not to cry too. *
Raullon: "Thank you.... all of you.... for this."
*Arthur McRae raises his goblet to the Lord* "Congratulations"
Raullon: "I hope you find the same happiness I and Elessi share forever."
Alista Jarino:"Nothing.. is worth more than happiness.. it was all I could do to help"

And the party ended with a brilliant night of drink, feysong and finally the parting of ways.
*WriterOfFiction

Anonymously Donated Sensation
Sensate Sensorium

The sensation begins with a line of sight from the roof of a building. Half rotted cedar shingles creak slightlyÂ… but just enough that no one but the one placing the weight would hear. It is dark and clear. The wind is light and the air stinks of smoke, garbage and sewage. The night is cool. Your line of sight quickly scans the rooftops before carefully peering over the nearest edge. ItÂ’s a good guess that this is in the Hive.

A scuffle can be heard just below your current observation point. The sounds of begging, laughing, someone being beaten. You slowly look over the edge. YouÂ’re about 25Â’ from the alley floor. The edge of the roof is loose but your hands seem to know where to grasp to maintain a safe balance. You look to the alley below with exceptional night vision. The alley, although dark, is almost illuminated to daylight with natural eyesight. As you focus in on the scene you can see three Harmonium officers wiping the ground with a hapless citizen.

You feel your pulse quicken as you scan the entire area, probably looking for others. You spot none. You look back to the scene to see the Harmonium officers walking away chuckling and a body left behind. A few seconds later the scene shifts and you feel yourself in freefallÂ… but only for a second. An agile landing and roll onto the dirty cobblestones prevents any injury from a height that should have hurt much more. A gloved hand reaches out to check the victim but it is quickly apparent that your arrival was too late. The poor sod was dead. A quick search finds the symbol of the free league, boot-crushed on the nearby cobble. A glance to the alley end sees a couple figures quietly moving in. You move in their direction and they recoil back, looking at you in fear, yet you simply walk on by. You can hear them move to loot the victim as your vision refocuses on the backs of the officers nearly a block away from you. You decide to follow them as confronting three Harmonium officers alone is far too risky. You can feel anger, adrenalinÂ… purposeÂ… yet you still feel calm. ItÂ’s hot under the tight leathers and mask but you no longer seem to notice it much.

You stick to the shadows as the three killers make their way back to their post… a ramshackle building converted into a Harmonium guard post. The three enter the building and close the door. A quick scan of the area shows you enough to know how to get in through a high-set window. A few quick hops, almost cat like agility, and you’re inside. It’s warm in here. You can feel the heat from a nearby fireplace and smell smoke and food. A few more steps and you’re near a doorway looking at the three. They still laugh as they clean the blood from their armor. Jokes about “cleaning up this city” and “damn Indeps is more fun than killin’ rats” get tossed about. One guard moves towards your hiding place, apparently to relieve himself. You see the air almost darken around you without actually changing. You’ve become a part of the shadow. You can almost feel the air move through you. As he stands over the bucket to urinate, you feel yourself reach out with almost impossible speed and grab the man, cupping his mouth. A quick flash of steel, followed by the holding of his massive weight, and the body goes limp. You wait for it to twitch once or twice before quietly setting it down on the floor to bleed out.

A quick glance inside the main room and you see the other two. One is directly across from you and the other is near the opposite corner. A seconds worth of a pauseÂ… youÂ’re thinking, gaugingÂ… then your hand reaches for the shadow nearby. You feel yourself enter another realmÂ… if only for a heartbeat. When you become aware of your vision again, you find yourself once again a part of the shadow but this time you stand behind the one that was in the opposite corner. Somehow youÂ’ve just moved from shadow to shadowÂ… without ever moving at all. A split second later and youÂ’ve torn the throat out of the man. You donÂ’t even try to muffle the sound or catch the body. You simply let it fall and convulse. You now focus, intently, on the last man. He curses, grabs a knife and hurls it directly at you. You should have felt it hit. You should have felt the painÂ… but it simply slows down to an impossibly slow speed. The knife glides to where it should hit your chest but at this speedÂ… you simply sidestep and feel it fly by. Everything speeds back up as you move at the man while drawing two short swords. ItÂ’s almost over in seconds as you cut the man in several places. Arms, legs, hands, places that immobilize yet do not immediately kill. He falls to the ground screaming and bleeding. You let him screamÂ… you know that no one will come. You feel itÂ… this is your homeÂ… not his.

The next two minutes are spent placing small bags throughout the room while listening to the officer beg for his life. You can hear every wordÂ… every pleaÂ… yet feel nothing. Not sorrow, not elationÂ… nothing. Again you turn your attention to the bleeding man and then approach. You reach into a bag, pull out a long brass cylinder, and jam it into his shirt. A quick pull of the cord at the end of the cylinder is all thatÂ’s done as you hear yourself mutter the wordsÂ…

“Freedom be ours”

Then a quick turn and into the streets. Your eyes close as you slowly walk away holding your breath. Seconds later a loud explosion rocks the area behind you and you feel the shock and dust envelope you as you walk. You donÂ’t even flinch at the shockwave. A single deep breath of relief is madeÂ…

The sensation ends.