Ea'rals Sensory Stone

*Sareth675

Posted by *Sareth675 »

Ea'ral one day gets around to actually making a sensory stone, handing it to Illia in passing during a conversation, offhandedly as he does so, saying "Enjoy! Don't mind it, you know I'm past all that now.".

When one inspected the stone, the following... would be revealed.

You stand on a balcony, a tinted wine glass in hand as you gaze across the bustling streets below. The embroidered robes tuck neatly against your form, the gentle clinks of your rings against the stone rail take on a faint echo deep below the earth. You speak in an assured fashion to the woman next to you. She is about the same height with waist length silvery hair and an almost casual look about her, as if she was familiar with your company.

"Narcelia, do keep in mind your mother is hardly the sort to take this news lightly... you may want to prepare beforehand a little first. This isn't the first time this has happened and surely you don't want your sisters fate to befall you to." You say in a well measured tone.

Narcelia sighed before fixing her eyes back on the streets below.
"You know Ea'ral, this is a dying House. We can hardly compete with the others when business is good. The Weapon Masters death does not make this any easier... vithing Svirfs. If I ever find where their camp is, I swear I'll - " You cut her off as she starts to liven up, squaring off to her with a half smile.

"They are the least of your concerns right now. You know where I stand on this matter. I've spoken to Tarlyn." You take a sip from the sweet wine that you'd poured from a seperate bottle to the one on the table behind you, lowering your voice as you step closer. "All you need to do is give the word, they will move as you do. Soon reports of De'dralin attacking the estates will begin to come in..." You pause for but a moment. "Why am I explaining this again? You came up with this after all." Chuckling lightly, you settle as well, turning to enter the lavishly, though strangely furnished room for those not familiar with the Underdark.

Narcelia shook her head, staying by the balcony as she spoke. "You're far to sure of this... it's only in my nature to see the threads being cut before the web is even spun."

"And I thought I was the cynical one here..." You roll your eyes, not facing her as you study the vial you drew from the inside of your robes. It would take a few seconds for the effects to take hold, you were sure of your timing. "Take a seat, get a drink. I do admit, I'll miss this room... had, far too much fun here." You smirk as you glance back at Narcelia, she scoffs but concedes, stepping to the table and pours herself a glass, drinking steadily.

"You enjoy this don't you... I can only imagine the grin on your face when Tarlyn sets his dagger to my mothers throat." She began to smile as well, seeming confident, in her ignorance.

"Oh yes, I'll enjoy the look on her face when she realises... She won't be able to do anything about it though. That sad moment when somebody figures out that it's too late, that nothing can save them. You're right, I do find it rather amusing." You smiled back, your words slow, carrying the emphasis of the cold hidden meanings in their undertones. It didn't take long, as you'd expected. Narcelia quickly grabbed at her throat, then her stomach. She was right though, you did enjoy watching their expression at the realisation of betrayal. You retained a faintly amused, patronising smile as you knelt by her side. "Good cycle Narcelia... your mother would be proud, if you'd have succeeded. Unfortunately, you're even less than worthless, you don't deserve Rashereths name and I'm quite happy to take it from you." Narcelia couldn't even respond, her throat closing up and her insides burning from the poison. Her eyes wide with horror, you could only savour the few minutes it would take for her to finally succumb. Thinking to yourself, she at least lasted longer than her sister, you'd give her that, credit where it's due.

After the body stilled, you stepped to the door, veiling yourself in a magic shield as you opened it, stepping out to retrieve your cloak from the waiting goblin slave. You nodded briefly to the hooded figure waiting by your right. The figure entered the room as you left the building. Feeling in a rather optimistic mood now, you began to saunter down Menzoberranzans streets. It was a good start to the day... what was next on the agenda. Meetings with the Houses magi, such a chore you thought to yourself. Rather, you go to the nearest "civilized" tavern and get yourself a drink. You earnt it, after all.

There, the memories fade into darkness, one might consider the rather stark contrast from the Ea'ral in the stone, to the one they might have spoken to around the bazaar.
*Agony_Aunt

Posted by *Agony_Aunt »

((Grab a faction point from a DM))