Gothrick Open

*Hoddi

Posted by *Hoddi »

I Gothrick Melifist of the Fated here by want to submit an idea for your council. Since you are in charge of events planing in Sigil.

My idea is a run from the start of the Gymnasium and around the Baazer and the race ends at the end of the north wall of The Foul Spirit Inn. Each team will consist of two persons. A runner and a catcher.

Entry fee for a team will be 1000 jink, that will be matched by benefactors like making the runners team that comes in first place earn a total of 2000 jink per team entered 10% of the winnings will go to support the homeless shelter in the Hive, so 1800 jink per team goes to the winner in fact.

The race would also have a legal gamble allowing each person to bet a fixed 1000 jink on the team he or she favors. At the end of the race all that bet on the winning team will get the pot split equally up between them though 10% going to support the homeless shelter in the Hive.

The rules are as followed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A team may magically buff their runner but it must be done by a member of that team.

A the runners cannot start running until the ref says GO. The count is down from five.

A runner must stick to the marked out path, no short cuts are allowed.

A catcher can only try to catch or slow down runners in the Myr Zones (catcher zone).

A catcher is allowed to use any kind of none damaging spell other then bigby's spells to hinder the runner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a map of the runners path and the Myr Zones. I hope you would consider this and find some date on your calander to setup this even.

Thank you for reading Gothrick

P.S. The name is a working title what ever name you settle on is fine by me.

*WriterOfFiction

Posted by *WriterOfFiction »

Illia looks over the plans. "Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, things have been busy. So far, I think this is actually one of the better event ideas I've seen, though I'd like to meet in person sometime to discuss it with you."