A Sensate's Competition

*Pashan01

Posted by *Pashan01 »

Naya attachs another notice below the last

With careful deliberation and thought of all the entries, I have made my decision as to the winner of the sensate competion

Congratulations to go to -

Amycus Thorne who takes first prize. His descriptive sense and experience of his memories in the presence of higher beings is a worthy addition to the faction's vault.

Second prize goes to Taris Koth, whose dual entry of both painting and sensory experience of its making, 'Sigil from the sky' was delightful.

Third prize goes to Kestal for her letter revealing a search, capture, torture and escape - a nasty ordeal indeed, but most visual in its description.

I should like to thank all the participants for their efforts, all were interesting experiences and it was exceedingly difficult to make final decision. The judgement was made on the basis of creativity, effort and newness of the experiences to myself.

As the final three were such excellent pieces, I have decided to put all three forward to be kept in the Society's sensory vaults and Kestal will recieve a sensory stone for free from myself to enable that.

Amycus is to have first choice of the noted prizes, then Taris may choose, Kestal to receive the remaining prize. Please let me know in turn of your choices either in person or by note. A reminder of the prizes:
- A Blue Diamond
- Aeollian Greatsword
- 5000 gold coin

Given the success of this competition, I am considering hosting another in due course. There are a myriad of new and exciting experiences out there as well as means and ways to demonstrate them that the Society of Sensate members are keen to explore.

Thank you to all

Naya'il McEwan
*jasonpauldegraaf

Posted by *jasonpauldegraaf »

Amycus Thorne receives a note via messenger during his office time in the Hall of Records. Taking a letter opener and setting aside his cartography instruments, he looks to the Sensate seal.

"Ah, lovely. This must be the results of the Sensate competition." Opening the envelope carefully he examined the letter. A sincere smile came over his face. "Dear me, it looks like I've won. How splendid."

Setting the letter aside, Amycus takes a piece of stationary from his desk and an ornate quill. Dipping it into his inkwell, he begins writing his response:

Miss Naya'il McEwan,

Greetings and salutations from the Hall of Records. I pray this letter finds you well.

I wanted to write and express my most sincere thanks for picking me as the winner of the your competition among the Sensate Faction. I hope my encounter with the celestials recorded on the sensory stone offers a unique, profound, and brilliant experience for any who choose to partake of it.

In response to the generous offers of prizes, I'd be delighted to add your blue diamond to my gem collection. I've been traveling the planes for some time, and have yet to find one. Your generosity in offering such a rare gift is quite humbling, if I may say so.

Again, my deepest gratitude and thanks. I look forward to your response.

Amycus Thorne, Hall of Records Cartographer.
*Pashan01

Posted by *Pashan01 »

In one brief lucid moment with all that she is going through, Naya manages to get a sensate member to update the notice to inform the other winners that Amycus has selected the blue diamond.
*Pashan01

Posted by *Pashan01 »

Naya sends Taris a private letter to ask her if she could kindly make her request for the winning prize within the next two days or forfeit the next choice to the third winner Kestal.

*Pashan01

Posted by *Pashan01 »

Naya handed over the pouch of 5000 gold to Kestal and left notice to Taris to seek her out to receive the Aeollian greatsword from her sometime at both their convenience. If unclaimed within 6 weeks from the date of this notice, Naya explained it would go into the next competition suite of prizes.