Society Dealings With The House Of Six Fingers

*Pashan01

Posted by *Pashan01 »

Naya approaches the Factotum in one of the private rooms of the Society, reserved for members.

''You got my note, thank you for the time '' Naya smiles to the Factotum ''I've come from meeting with Miss Sixthfinger and heard her request. Basically, she is about to open a bar of the exotic, featuring dancing girls and shows and requires a number of sensory stones, possibly in regular supply to enable her to secure the safety of her girls....the girls I'm told are rescued slaves from a particular layer of the Abyss....and these girls would ..um....work there..... the stones would allow her to keep watch on their..um...activities so that none come to harm by any barmy types who wish to in her own words 'pull stunt upon them'.

When we discussed the matter of cost of the stones, it seems she is willing to discuss terms for payment provided sensible. I mentioned that in some instance cost is waivered by the Society where exceptional benefit to the faction is forthcoming and on that matter, she implied that she controls access to a particular portal to a layer of the Abyss....hmm...''

Naya lays out the pertinent details to the Factotum in quieter tones expressing that Miss Sixthfinger requested that this part not be made public to outsiders or lay members, to which Naya had agreed on account of potential widespread uprising of the members should the threat of closure of said portal go ahead and loss of one popular zone of access to Abyssal sensory pleasures for the Society's members.

''Now, though I personally do not approve of....such a House of Pleasure...tis not my place to judge on the reasons only to ensure that our faction is apprised of the matter and that the interests of the Society of Sensates in this instance are considered. '' Naya continued.

''In this respect, I think there are a number of options. Firstly, simply let her have the stones for cost and have done with it. But, in my mind we should not simply give away even at cost our assets without thinking of benefits for their use for our faction and I'm not sure what that cost would be anyway, that would need some negotiation. Secondly, we could waiver the cost, the potential hold she has over that portal and threat of its closure to our members was definitely there....though she did not express it to be threat exactly...but if we do not allow her said stones, we might face uprising from our more....difficult and pleasure-seeking members, whom I believe form the majority of this factions...so....'' Naya takes a deep breath before moving on to the third.

''Thirdly, her reasons on the face of it, to keep the girls safe is a sound one, however, they could in the wrong hands be used for extortion or blackmail and I do not think the Society should be allowing our assets to be handed out without caution to that. Factotum...''

''...if it were left to me I would advise this....that we rent out to this House, a supply of sensory stones as required, with payment of a notional sum on the following basis....that we oversee, make inspection and audit so that their use for protection of the girls is carried out....I would engage another member or two to perform this on regular occasions....the sensory stones remain our property and with agreement from the slave girls and Miss Sixthfinger over the privacy of viewing the memories held within those stones. Possibly we might also negotiate the opportunity of having some of those stones shared and experienced with members whose.....beliefs or....reservations...such as my own..... limit them to physically partake of the sensory experiences of such an establishment. ''

'' Well those are my thoughts, with your leave, guidance and approval I will set out to meet again with Miss Sixthfinger to hammer out some terms, hopefully for the benefit of her House and our Society'' Naya smiles to the Factotum awaiting response.
*Pashan01

Posted by *Pashan01 »

*Naya meets again with the Factotum and after a casual sharing of a couple of interesting experiences on the subject of tea, she gets to the main reason for the meeting*

"I took the liberty of meeting again with Miss Sixthfingers and acted in the authority of the Society in reaching what I believe to be satisfactory agreement. I trust you will think so too."

Naya smiles politely and takes a sip of her tea. The meeting was in the inner sanctum of the Festhall and Naya had ordered a fragrant herbal tea to be brought for the pair as they conversed.

"I put to her the proposal of notional rent per stone per annum and the desire for the stones to remain the property of the Society and for requirement to allow regular inspection by nominated member representative...in turn...and this made me realise her canny and wiley abilities as a negotiator....she required that the merchants with whom the Society deals for bringing back the luxurious and unusual in supply for our members would be facing equal levy upon their trades simply for using the portal she controls....being her property so to speak. Naturally, and this is where I finally cottoned on to her plans and reasoning....such a levy would equate to the same amount of any rental fee the Society may charge.." Naya took sip of her tea.

"So...it seemed...in the circumstances, only fitting and fair, given that we gain continued benefit of the access to the portal and that layer for our members, given that our merchants will be free of levy upon their goods, given that we gain access of the sensory stones themselves and can benefit to a degree from the memories contained within, given that the opening of such a House within the Hive will allow our members their sensual pleasures without necessarily risking life and limb travelling to that dangerous Abyssal layer of Agrazzat...that we waiver the rental fee....I trust you agree with my decision on this?" Naya smiled politely to the Factotum and recieving murmured approval, she continued.

"It therefore remains for us only to organise to place the Sensory stones within the House...Miss Sixthfinger will be providing design specifications for scrying device to enable their installation....the House is ready for business once this is done......and then for us to nominate representatives of the Society to handle the inspections and make those visits.....by your leave I will look to engage a couple of responsible members to assist me with this."

Naya receives another nod of agreement and the conversation takes turn then to other business, discussions over quality and texture of some of the materials that the Factotum has heard can be obtained from that layer of the Abyssal plane.