A Letter for Factol Montgomery

Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

After the meeting at the Hall of Speakers on the 4th Hive of Tithing, 136 Ha, Tavia spent some time in the Civic Festhall library drafting a letter addressing Factol Erin Montgomery. Once her thoughts were inked on paper, the Namer sealed the letter and had it sent off to the Factol.
Factol Erin Montgomery,

As you've been made aware, an alternate 'Sigil' has been located at the beginning of the previous month. A small portion of the planewalking community had found the first portal in the Clerk's Ward before it was subsequently barricaded by the Harmonium. Having been asked by Factor Sasha after my initiation into the Society, myself and other gatecrashers were tasked to find the other portals. Since then, two more have been found and the results distressing, but at least we know the key to them: mirrors.

The first portal, now barricaded, revealed that the Civic Festhall itself was overtaken by a more zealous version of the Harmonium that subjugated the other factions. The building was renamed the 'Office of Civic and Social Affairs', and the exit portal located at the late Factotum Quinn's home. The only information we found there involved a "Superintendent Lance Maserby" setting dress codes for the populace. I've donated a visual sensory stone for the Society and others to view for anyone curious to see.

The second portal is located in the Great Bazaar, at the entrance to Nittman's Aerial Tours. On the other side, we held witness to a giant crater where Dion's Metal Cup and the surrounding area exists on our side. Apparently the work of Terror Agents and Doomguard, the Harmonium too patrolled this place. We also found a message scrawled in blood that simply read, 'No strings on me'. Namer Leyana also donated a sensory stone with our findings.

The third portal was found in the Hive Ward, in the doorway to the Bottle and Jug's lavatory. The air was noticeably cleaner, the Hive itself seemed to be 'lower-middle' class and markedly improved to ours. Even the muck pit became a fountain with running water. The nearby ditch had clean, drinkable water running through it after the Indep Lyra ran some tests. Civilians were found, but they all ran at the first sight of us, most likely out of fear.

It's certain that the portals we've found thus far are the Blinks, tying in with Fargullen's prophecy and a particular long-dead power. This leads us to searching for the fourth portal, which has yet to be found. An inquiry at the Fraternity of Order revealed that all information regarding the Blinks and related portals were stolen when an impostor of Administrator-10 Crake strong-armed a colleague into getting such information for him. Until such a problem can be handled, I'd like to suggest information be available and documented publicly with multiple copies. A well-informed public is hard to rob the knowledge from.

With the recent news of the gatetowns being under attack, perhaps we should contact our embassy in Sylvania as well? The minotaur, named Wall, offered to venture there and deliver any news of an attack.

I sincerely apologize I did not write to you sooner with my findings. If there's anyway I can help or provide further information, please don't hesitate to find me.

Thank you,
Namer Tavia.
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.