A Hunter's Training

*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

The Jann decides to float above the area, observing.

"Well. Thats a distraction if I ever saw one."

Looking for Altair of course - knowing his clothing and presuming he has not changed. He tried to pick out individuals who are not interested in scavenging whatever is on the floor but remain in the group - or who are outright walking away from it.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

No one matching Altair's description, clothes or general appearance, seems to be in that area. There is a grey haired old man sitting back at a table. He looks smug, comfortable, and really looks like he belongs there, despite his age.
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

The Jann continues to hover above and observe before finally going to land on the outskirts of the group. He notes the main and less traveled paths away from where he was standing, assessing the crowd on ground level first with the aid of a wand of see invisability, just incase
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The wand nearly comes in handy when you notice a young halfling girl inching her way towards you as you land. The brief moment of locking eyes immediately has her turned heel and venturing elsewhere.
What you see in front of the older man might. explain his content grin and superior mien, but it's ultimately a matter of your imagination why. (We'll keep the conteng PG for the forums)
Given your spot, it's pretty easy to see the few coins the others haven't. More importantly, the coins themselves are of note. An assortment of various planar currency: a certain Lycanthrope's MO.
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

He hums slightly, moving through the crowd looking instead for someone who was trying to avoid others, hood drawn up, hands in pockets and the like - eventually pulling aside a hiver who looks like they might atleast have two braincells to bang together and asking them directly if they had seen who had dropped all these.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The first Hiver you spot that looks to be of worth quickly makes himself scarce; blending into the crowd with ease. Not so difficult to spot a lousy attempt at a fumbled disguise. Clever, though. He flips his cloak inside out, a much different color beneath. The halfling girl, still eyeing the situation, giggles to herself. The sound draws no reaction from those around her, but she does make firm eye contact with you, sizing you up?
At last, she beckons you to her; hands outstretched, sleeps pulled up to her tiny elbows, and cloak open to expose a rather mundane looking rapier.
"If you're lookin for him what tossed the bread, 'es long gone, right? Can't say whevver or not I got a good looksee, though. It's these eyes, right?"
She winks gently and rolls her sleeves back to her wrists.
"Ow much ovva descrip you lookin for? Might be I can help. Might not."
*Altair

Posted by *Altair »

Altair milled about in line, thinking to himself. He'd been in the same place for a while now, and he was starting to wonder if he ought to move again. If he were to listen to his instincts, they were telling him to stay put until he knew that Tahir had his scent. Moving about would draw attention, and leave more bodies to bark. Although there were enough people to rat him out just in this one room alone... Still, what better way to blend in? He chewed his lower lip, as he moved up in line. Thankfully it was moving even slower than he'd anticipated, so he wouldn't have to worry about that.

Was changing his clothing worth it? He'd have to find something to cover his hair. It seemed like more trouble than it was worth, seeing as he wasn't even sure if Tahir had found a lead yet or not. Altair still hadn't caught his scent again, and that was really beginning to trouble him. Another person filtered out of the line, and he stepped forwards again. He could vaugely overhear the two at the front talking about something now, but the topic wasn't really something he was bothering to pay attention to.

Just stay where you are, his instincts told him. Quiet and still. Blend in. Conserve your energy until you need it.

A sensible approach. For the time being, Altair decided to do just that, as the line moved forwards again.
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

The Jann looks down to the halfling girl an impatient expression on his face

I dont need a description, I need a direction. I need to know where he is. Where he has run off to, where he is Hiding.

Do you think you can do that for me?
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The halfling feeds Tahir an supremely puzzled look. Where a million thoughts once raced through her mind, now only a single one remains: Has this bloke ever even been in the Hive?
"Wh... where...what..? You clueless, too tall? Aint ya ever 'eard what I'm sayin, before? I'm sayin I can't remember the descrip on the whole thing, right? His looks, his moves, which wind carried him offward. I'm sayin if I'm gonna be rattin someone out of a hideaway, I'm gonna need a bit o'somethin to s'cure my own hideaway till the bloke's forgotten."

A sharp bark of laugher erupts from the older gentleman as he pushes the Succubus away.
"She's saying she isn't giving you info for free, kid. This is the Hive. Nothing is ever free here. Always..." He looks to the Fiend kneeling in front of him. "a catch."
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

The man offers a quiet resigned sigh

Yes, Yes.. Everyone wants their pound of flesh. He looks to the old man Some more literally than others.

The man is not being hunted for crime nor harm to be inflicted however. 2 cogs if you know where he is, but only if the information is good.