A Hunter's Training

*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

And so it was that Odette joined the hunt, necessity a cruel master that demanded attention through personal investment and inward call. Into the Hive the Bleaker trekked from Gatehouse, evidently moving toward the Clerk's Ward and the Cadence of the Planes Apartments where Altair was known to reside. It would serve as the prime locale for one to pick upon prints and scents of the often traveled, if nothing else. Unless, of course, verdant hues were drawn toward sight within the Hive itself, inevitably catching her attention in languid shuffle.

// Unbuffed rolls + "Track" feat. Focus: Natural environment/Wilds.

*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The halfling stifles a gasp, but her attention wavers as the older man approaches. With a wry look from him, the hin bows out and backs off.
"Boy, for two cogs I'd give ya a week with the missus." He motions to the fiend still resting on her knees. She looks up, a pleading, begging look in her eyes. "You're lookin for the Feral Cyclops, you are. He was sniffin about till he caught whiff of somethin. Tossed them bits out and took to the road."
He looks around, clearly exuding a scummy dominance over those within earshot, and smiles proudly.
"Don't right care why you're lookin. But them two cogs'll buy you a week's work out of one of them if you want a spare set of eyes. Or, you know..." He grins darkly and lets his gaze befall the barely clothed temptress. "Your choice, kid."
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

The Jann quietly regards the man, a twitched smile forming on the very edge of his lips

I fear ser that I already have a lady succubi waiting for me once this game is done, so I shall have to pass on the secondmost offer. I am not here for such base reasons afterall.

He, true to his word, produces two platinum cogs from among his things and turns them over in his hand

You're not wrong with that description of the man however, but two sets of eyes for a day or two is more important to me than 1 for a longer period, if you think you can arrange that.

He extends his hand, cogs interwoven between his fingers towards the man but awaiting his response before actually letting him take them
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The man grins widely, exposing a set of chompers one might expect of a two thousand year old dwarf. There's a tooth of every metal in there, and each filed to a not so subtle point.
"Now, you're thinking, boy! Lola! Brad!"
The halfling's attention peaks, her stature becomes ridged.
The wall beside her... moves? A hobgoblin steps out of it, the stonework melting and molding around him like water. He's dressed surprisingly well, doesn't smell, and stares at you with a delicate dip of his head.
"This here's your new employer." He looks back to Tahir. "Two pairs, two turns, not a moment longer. And since you're new to this kind of deal, I'll give you a tid bit you'll do well to remember. They work for me. If I call it off, you come to me, you deal with me. No paying them in secret, no selling them out."
He snatches the cogs.
"Oh, and you'll have to remind Brad once a day that he's not supposed to kill the wolf, starting now. He took off towards the clerk's."
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

The Jann rolled his eyes, hands in pockets

Knew I should have paid the management charge..

His gaze then falls on the halfling I assume you heard all that.

Good hands must be scarce around here if he is worried about me head hunting you for my own purposes and on that, I am certainly hoping you are good hands.

Man we are looking for is Altair, another Cipher. Dont need you to confront him, talk to him or even interact with him, I just need to find him and where he has hidden himself, if he's moving then keep an eye on him until you can signal me.

If there are any questions..?

Oh. And Brad. You're not suppose to kill the wolf. He adds, finally
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

"We're good, boss. I'll take to the walkabout, right? See who's who and what's what. Ugly is better at the shadows, anyhow. Him and that creepy wall walkin he does." She shudders and looks back at the hobgoblin.
He stares back.
She narrows her eyes.
"Not kill the wolf, boss." The rather large goblinoid states plainly. "Look for da Feral Cyclops and send ya words ovvit." He dips his head again, and backs into the wall; which, again, molds itself around him.
The halfling sneers. "Hate that! Damned Stonedeath!"
The old man cackles and takes his seat again. The Hin takes a deep whiff of the area, smiles curiously to Tahir, and skips off with a preternatural grace.
*Dredi

Posted by *Dredi »

He takes one more firm look around as they depart, uttering mostly to himself

"I've much more preference to the air than earth, but perhaps I am strange in that.."

And he takes flight once more, scanning over the hive ward, quite certain that the man is still here, somewhere.
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

The Hive is busy, as it always is. But this isn't the usual milling about that usually occurs. There are too many people near the black market, and those beyond seem to be moving with purpose. Even the disturbingly large rat scurrying past seems to move off with a singular direction in mind.
Something has stirred the ward. Odette can almost feel the eyes on her. She's no stranger to the place, but someone watching doesn't want you there.
*Altair

Posted by *Altair »

Altair takes a step forwards as the line moves ahead while he's lost in his thoughts. He can hear them talking clearly now. The conversation draws him out of his own mind, surprised to find the queue has moved faster than he thought. He glances around the room at the other lines, until his gaze settles on the longest one. Wordlessly he steps out of line with an apologetic hand wave to the body behind him, and he walks across to the back of the line he'd set eyes on.

One desk clerk appears to look up at the motion, watching him curiously, but his business quickly draws it back away again as another person accosts him with the varying needs of the cycle. A glance back at the doors and a quick sweep of the room seems to satisfy him that Tahir hasn't yet caught on. As the line moves forward again, he puts on his best frustrated and bored expression.
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

Odette was no stranger to lingering eyes within the Hive; be it from jinkshirt looking to secure that evening's meal, nervous Quipper shuffling out of sight or the glaring once over from a Basher who tightened her had on readily displayed weapon. Though this proved to be her home more than anywhere else in the Cage, and she cared little for the attention she drew, the feeling itself was not lost on her. Past experiences hardly eased the prick at the nape of her neck.

Regardless, the woman pressed onward and with the slow of her steps and the track of movements, she paused briefly to consider. Verdant hues lingered on the direction of exodus, then toward location directly opposite. Ever a consideration of the Hive, singular question rested on the tip of rosen tongue. Running to, or running away?

Pace renewed, Odette shuffled after the those departing and made for pinpointed location.