A New Recruit

*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

*A tall human male with large hat reports in. Papers show he is assigned with execution duties. He remains silent as the papers are being checked and folds his arms behind his back.*
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

He is met by a tall, rugged man wearing simple travelling's clothes, his light brown hair held back in the back with a simple leather string, his eyes alert but calm. A curved knive sits on his hip, the faction badge worn openly on his chest is nicked and bent- even blackened in some places by fire and spells.
He is one of those wandering volunteers who travel the planes, bringing Justice to where no law holds power. He seems out of place in this office but nevertheless does the job he was assigned to for this day.

"Justicar Julius Ahestes.", he introduces himself, looks through the offered documents thoroughly.

"I see you have been assigned to reinforce the third execution squad. Justice Elmeron was a good woman, strong and just."

He looks up at the man, the paladin's eyes seem to look directly into the man's soul. "I expect you do your work with the same diligence and unwavering resolve than she did. Report to Justice Tax, you find him preparing the gallows."

He stamps the documents, fills out an order and two permits, then hands the man a key. "Welcome to the prison."
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* Silas stands straight and meets the man's gaze openly*

" Justicar Ser yes, Justicar Sir! I do Sir!"

*He nods at the instructions given and accepts the key, then salutes along the brim of his large hat and makes his way to report to Justice Tax*
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

Tax is a tall half-orc with some fiend mixed in- one of those mongrels the Planes sometimes spawn.

More lanky than most of his kind he wears black maille over quilted red linen, a club made of a thick razorwine branch on his belt a knife worn in each of his bracers. A hood rests folded around his neck, dark grey, fitting the cloak wrapped around his shoulders.

He is busy with trying to grease the trapdoor mechanism of Gallows II, cursing under his breath while a petite tiefling in mercykiller leathers nags and complains, the woman perched on the gallow's platform.

They both stop when Silas approaches, the half orc straightening himself and greeting with a casual salute while the tief stares in silence.

"You must be the new guy. I am Tax, Justice. This nagging, useless brat is Himone... another member of our squad."

Our squad- Silas seems to have been easily accepted by the man but the woman is still just staring for a long moment. Then she hops from the platform- quite nimbly- grins at him.

"I'll show you around."
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Well met, Justice Tax, Himone...tag's Silas.

*Silas saluted along the brim of his large hat, returning a charming smirk at Himone*

Ta! Appreciate tha' I do!

Thanks foah welcomin' me. I'll do my outmost best ta prove my worth.

*Silas then proceeds to wait for Himone to lead him on*
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

The lanky mongrel returns to his work using finesse strenght and imaginative curses to fix the mechanism while the Tief girl scuttles towards the doors leading down to the deep cells, her bare, clawed feet making no sound, her thick, ropelike hair falling to her hips in an elborate braid.

She leads him through the prison, shows him what he needs to find and know, introduces him to guards and torturers, fellow executioners and the bloodhounds who hunt down those who try to escape justice.

The tour ends in the small barracks where she shows him the cot assigned to him- and then she leaves him to digest what he saw, the girl probably eager again to torture her superior again...

*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

*Silas thanks her, grateful for the tour and blatantly stares at her behind as she saunters off.

He then proceeds to process all that is explained and take a look at his cot. He shrugged, after all, he would be doing things outside while not on duty. Only when duty demanded him to sleep at the prison, shift wise, he would.

Silas, grinned a moment before he starts to look for current files on those who are sentenced to death.*
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

A letter is sent to Justice Tax via one of the Namers.
wrote:
Justice Tax,

I am writing to request the temporary transfer of Namer Silas to my command. Having reviewed his file, I feel that he has certain skills that will be invaluable in the investigation my team and I are conducting regarding the destruction of the Elysian gate town Ecstasy some months ago.
I have already spoken with Namer Silas himself, and he seems eager to assist, though the final decision is naturally yours to make.

If you wish to discuss the case in detail, feel free to drop by when convenient.

Sincerely,

Justice Dace Andor

\\ This is for an ongoing case partially occurring on the forum ("Trail of the White" thread) and IG.
*Selebius

Posted by *Selebius »

wrote: Justice Arndor,

your request to have Namer Silas transferred to your unit has been granted. Good luck on your mission, Justice shall prevail.

Justice Tax, 3rd XSquad, Mercykillers
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

A young, shy, and poorly spoken woman is seen wandering the halls of the gymnasium. Content to watch others, listen, and absorb lessons given to others, she seems to be looking for just the right kind of teacher.
She's been seen lingering around the natural shapeshifters and wildshape druids more than others. Though she's making little to no effort to speak to anyone, it seems pretty clear to any who notice her that she's searching for something that she may not be able to identify herself.