Pandora's Gift

*Chevette

Posted by *Chevette »

Small sheets of parchment, each with one or two words, are left scattered about the Hive Ward. If pieced together they reveal the creative writings of Pandora, left for her fellow Xaositects presumably as some sort of gift.

Tenders

"Traverse the upshot," snorted the grey mouse tender. The white entropic dart agreed.

Wherever did they go, that was when they did. And leftward went the bend of the river, until they reached the blackened shores of the starfish. The grey mouse tender beat relentlessly upon the deck of the weathered rumpus bead, yet none could hear him for he found himself a fish.

Trumped, the grey mouse tender ate cheese and flew in the face of danger as he lumped twelve cabbages in with a leek. Then, suddenly, as if just this morning, a purple mouse tender stood before him bright and brilliant in the ray of the humid sauce.

"Who comes with the livid rays and basks in my glory?" The purple mouse tender besought.

"Everlasting nasal hair!" Yelped the grey mouse tender. "Have you no mercy for one such as the illuminated lark?"

"Indeed, be gone now and forever shall you dream of fish."

"That is not what I wish, I wish a fish. A real fish. A fish is my wish."

The purple mouse tender looked upon the groveling grey mouse tender and her lip curled in a smile of delight. "Fetch me the water and you shall have a clam."

The grey mouse tender fell beside himself fetching water from a damp locket, and clumsily he carried it back to the purple mouse tender.

"Behold, it is the water of the slippery text!" he shrieked in rapture.

"This is not my beautiful wife," commented the purple mouse tender, and so she bestowed a lifetime of fish upon the grey mouse tender.

"I hate fish," commented the white entropic dart.