Tour of Jubilation

This forum represent casual roleplay within the Sigil streets, its bars, and other "walk-in" roleplay avenues.
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Tour of Jubilation

The wagon was finally concluded! Master craftmanship by Lance Marshby, one of the side walls jointed to open into a stage, making the wagon act more as a mobile stage to tour around the Hive performing music, entertainment and comedy for locals. Pulled around by two clockwork golems made by Eowomioland.

With this, Katani began her latest project of charity through entertainment. Hive Ward of course is a very challenging place, and hence just the sort of part of the city that Katani had decreed would need something like this. With those thoughts and considerations aside, she brought the newly created wagon to an open space at the near edges of the Lower Ward. Twisting and yanking the lever as instructed by Lance to open the stage, and plopped supports beneath just incase and withdrew her mandolin to start to ease in with music, more so build up soft tune than actually diving into it.

"Hello bashers and cutters!" she built up anticipation with the mandolin in a slow tune "I am Katani La Calliwell, and today I will be playing some music for your entertainment! And nothing else, I'm not selling anything, nor am I expecting anything. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy!"

With this the build up tune changed to rhytmic and light hearted one.

It's the youngest we'll ever be tonight so lets go
Have a toast for another time, we can come
Be together under the light's and we'll move
We'll forget all the problems of yesterdays
All the stupid decisions, the growing pains
And we'll take just a moment to celebrate with the groove

'Cause this world ain't that bad with a thankful heart
Oh I tried to keep track of each and every scar
But they all lead me back to the place we are
So let's go spend some time and we'll have some fun
Forget all the judgement be young and dumb
We'll take off our masks and move to the drums
The one and the two
Just me and you

She picked up the pace of tune, enhancing the mood by taking more dance steps into the song, rhytmically as if using the stage as a drum beat.

This is what we've been waiting for
A time to go
Leave it on the floor
Dance all night
We're so alive, so alive
Hand in hand with your heart and mine
Take a stand
Leave it all behind
Dance all night
We're alive, so alive

The tune once more slowed down the the more regular up beat tone, though she kept taking dancing steps still, to the newer beat. Allowing herself to be consumed by the mood of the music and pour herself into the music and singing.

I've spent so many years
Trying to figure out
The reason I'm here
The reason I doubt
But it's moments like these
That are most profound
I'm just free
So I raised up my glass and I make some noise
For the things of the past that have been destroyed
And I'm not looking back, oh I've made my choice
I'm just me it's true
And you're perfectly you

Well after it all
I've just learned one thing
That love is the answer
Whatever life brings
I could gain the whole world
But what would it be
If I didn't have you to share moments like these
So I'm saying it now
Today is the day that marks a beginning of freedom this way
When life sends a worry, we'll kick it back in the ass
The one and the two
Just me and you

For the last time for this song she increased the pace though kept the upbeat tune of her song, allowing even her body to make marginal contortions to get the right tone out when singing, and to fully express herself through the music.

This is what we've been waiting for
A time to go
Leave it on the floor
Dance all night
We're so alive, so alive
Hand in hand with your heart and mine
Take a stand
Leave it all behind
Dance all night
We're alive, so alive, oh!

With that she allowed the song to trail away, and no matter how small or large audience she might've earned herself, she'd lift the mandolin above herself with one hand, and brought it back down. "Thank you! Now that you've got a tiny taste of the kind of things I'm planning to do here..." As if to emphasize her words she strummed the mandolin a few ties before continuing "... as mentioned earlier, I am Katani La Calliwell. I'm follower of Olidammara. For those of you not familiar with who he is or what they stand for... basically he's the god of fun." Letting that sink in and she looked from the stage at the possible people interested or not "And I hope to spread his words... but don't worry, I won't get preachy, it's more about bringing music, songs, and entertainment around the Hive Ward. Today I'll be here, but with my mobile stage, I'll be touring around the Hive to bring entertainment to others as well. And I hope you're just as excited, but way less anxious as I am!" grinning at the people

"See it's been a while since I've done this thing, and for all I know I'll be shouted outta stage when I fail to do my intent, or someone has really out to get me because they're trying to sleep. However, I've rambled enough, time for another song! ~"

From there she indeed started to play another tune, and another song. And followed up on a full length performance, some songs emphasized with magical displays, but only harmless and minor magic that were soon after dispersed away, and that she could create without disrupting either dancing or singing.
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

(( First a small bit of disclaimer about what this thread is about. It's just Katanis off-screen charity through entertainment project. There might someday be an event about it ingame, but largely this is just building her character through forum as a medium. I understand that's not what everyone wants, and that is fine. She will be doing things where planewalkers are actively invited into as well!

For those who might either want their character involved, or just roleplay random NPC, I welcome thee! I fully expect the ride to be a bumpy one! Hive's a rough place, and I don't focus nearly as much into it as I should, at least yet, since for initial build up I feel it might distract and make the posts far more lengty than they already are. Anyway that's the gist of it!))

The Wagon once more rolled into the Hive Ward, with the assistance of the clockwork roaches, and Katani mirthful as usual settling the wagon to the next - but different from last time, opening and assembled the stage portion and once more stepped up on the stage.

"Hello, good evening, and remain around!" urging people to come closer, this time she had no instrument on her hands, though she didn't start her show just yet as she wanted to build up anticipation and expectations "Some of you might've heard of me already, most probably not. But I am Katani La Calliwell, and don't worry about the colourful attire and eccentric attitude. I'm not here to cause chaos, I'm just a Cipher and we're sometimes considered thought-challenged."

She generated a glowing ball of light as a quickened and still magic and started casually throwing - it was more concentration driven method, but she made it seem like it was physical ball. "Today I will be providing all of you a magic show! And worry not fellow locals, everything you are about to see - from me - is perfectly safe. They are illusions for entertainment purposes only! Sometimes things will seem strange-" and the ball stopped mid-air in its previous apparent physical laws observing pattern mid-ballistic loop. And as if just noticing it herself, Katani kneeled down to look at the floating ball of light.

"- but, everything you see here tonight, has a perfectly good explanation." She waved her hand around, using her not great, but adequate for simple audience, sleight of hands to conceal a ball inside the palm as she waved it around the ball of light, dissipating the spell and made it appear if it had just condenced into said small glass ball. "Though heck if I know how it works, you should ask a wizard." She smirked, and gave a gentle loop throw of the ball into the audience and let anyone whom gets it to keep it.

Straightening up again "Of course it shouldn't all be simple tricks like that. That's not what you want to see when you hear a magic show, right? Nooooo... it needs a little more razzmatazz, extravagant, and flambagulous! Now the last one isn't actually a word, but it sounds impressive. Now what that should be... hmmmm." As she was about to walk to the left corner of the stage, she cast a quickened and still Silent Image, looking exactly like herself the Fakani (fake katani), as willed by the caster, appeared bamboozled, looking at Katani and audience, making no sound despite looking a spitting image, during the act it'd make no noise.

"Hmm, maybe growing a flower bed would look nice?" the real Katani thought outloud, looking away at the audience, feigning her obliviousness of the silent-duplicate behind her, of course part reason was that Katani required almost all her focus to perform the illusion to its perfection, however she merely integrated it into the show rather than allowed it slow her down. Meanwhile the Fakani behind her performed by its casters will to do a silent display of casting a spell, and illusionary flowers grew out and about the stage, the inability to make sound required the image of course use expressions and bodily gestures to continue the show, this time spreading arms as if representing the flowers, smiling and bowing. "... Naw, that'd be a tad corny."

To which the Fakani plopped their illusory hands on their hips and gave a "Really?" look at Katani. Flower bed fading. "Oh! I know, I could create a moon in the sky" she gestures upwards, without looking at the silent image, feigning the obliviousness still "Then lasso it and pull it down, that'd be a real magic trick, now wouldn't it?" nodding and looking at the audience... while her silent image had already started to do the act, conjuring what seemed like a moon... obviously much closer and tinier to the stage as limitation of the spell, and walked off the stage, to pick a rope (or rather illusion of a rope, and started to swing the rope to lasso the moon... fail... try again... fail... and used fake magic to lift the rope around it, and started to pull it down... or rather make it seem like the illusion was climbing, and look bemusedly at the audience.

"Then again... I'm not sure most of you have seen a moon or really appreciate what it is. So maybe not that." now the Fakani behind glared daggers at the real Katani. Fakani slid down and tugged the rope that was now stuck around the "moon", which abruptly chose to understan gravity, and fall on the stage, without a sound, without a mess, other than it looked like a porcellain disc that shattered on the stage, leaving Fakani act as if they didn't do it, and use her foot to shift the shattered pieces off the stage.

Of course the show didn't end there, Katani had other spells, and other tricks to display and entertain, but for convenience sake, so as not to create any greater wall of text, the ending did finally approach after an hour or so. She'd finally conclude it with a speech.

"Bashers and cutters, you've been a wonderful audience! And I hope you all enjoyed! I will return, though at a different part of the Hive. Next time I hope to focus on something with kids, and to that end. If you are, or know someone who might be good with crafts, I would very much love to have a tad of bonebox rattling with you after this, to see if I can't get some business for you! Nothing big, nothing too complicated, but I do wish to support local entrepreneours in that regard!"

"For the rest of you, continue to have some fun!"
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

After a long hiatus the wagon, her "mobile stage", once more rolled into the Hive, once again a new spot rather than same one. Dragged by two clockwork roaches, and set up by Katani alone, though she seemed to talk with someone inside casually. Once the stage was set, literally, she hopped onto it to start her the show in her extravagant style.

"Hello, good evening, and remain around!" today wearing her latest style of sailor look with the flamboyant broad hat as well, though her hair seemed slightly longer, having allowed it to grow as of recent. Still building up the audience and expectation. "My name is Katani La Calliwell, and I am joined here today by another amazing talent, someone you might remember in the past having ran her own shows in Bottle and Jug - and some other places. Say hello to Tavia!" Katani stepped aside to make room for the red-clad elf to step out of the wagon to make her own more humble entry, bowing graciously and greeting with a simple "Hello, good to have you all here."

"Boy do we have something special for you today! I wanted to try something new, and I call it "short theater". It's basically like theater, but only the best and most amusing parts. Because nobody has time for the build up -" she unpocketed a note and unfolded it "- Speaking of which, we need a volunteer! Someone who speaks loudly, clearly and can- Aha!" one of the woman in audience had involunteered their significant other whom seemed pensive for having been pushed forth "You there sir! Might I ask your name?" he cleared his throat and looked around uncomfortably "Kerdo" Katani flashed a grin at him and offered him the note "Don't worry, we're only all counting on you to have amusing evening. No pressure!" Tavia at this stage grinned, shaking her headed into the wagon for preparation. Katani stepped down from the stage and gave a quick run down of things he had to read and assured not to worry, and she'd signal when to go with. "Give it a try, read the first part!"

Then Katani also withdrew into the wagon leaving the man awkwardly seeming to start to read on his own. Clearing his throat. "This one is called... Honest Wedding Vows." he looked over his shoulder at the empty stage as if for guidance, only to see a hand appear past the wagon curtain rolling the wrist urging him to go on. "And so we reach the most joyful part of the ceremony. Nicole and Joanne have written their own wedding vows, and I shall ask them to exchange them now." At that Katani and Tavia emerged from the wagon to take the middle of the stage. Having changed from their predominantly red attires to white gowns. Tavia hiding her ears into her hair and underneath a wedding hat.

"Joanne, it's been eight years now since we started going out and with each day that passes, I've felt more and more strongly that neither of us are getting any younger. We're both well past thirty now, and basically, unless we get married, we should probably split up." Tavia left some time for reactions before continuing again "But I've moved in with you now, and I'm buggered if I'm carrying all those books back down four flights of steps."

"Nicole, um, from the first moment I met you, I knew that compared to other women you're a 6 at best. With my holiday tan I'm a 7, and I could do so much better, but I just honestly can't be bothered." with the small chuckles she allowed them to transpire before continuing "Anyway, you've been gratifyingly unobservant of the two affairs I've had during our relationship. Also, my mum's been going on and on at me to get married all my life, and by marrying you, I hope to teach her a sharp, unpleasant lesson." She spoke in intentional deadpan.

"Joanne, you and I have something between us, I don't know what it is, I'm not even sure I like it. Your habits are annoying, yes, and they may get more annoying in time, especially if you continue to turn into your mother, which all signs are that you will." another round of laughs interrupted the scene, but Tavia allowed it to move on with a small grin before continuing. "On the other hand, you've learned to sleep through those funny spasm things I do when I'm dreaming, and you have a nice house. And you're slightly thicker than me, which I quite like. And, the bottom line is, if things get tough in seven or eight years, we can always jack it in. And so, I ask you, in this sacred place, Joanne, will you be my first wife?"

"Go on, then." Katani said in character, then made a hand gesture at the amused, and unfortunate hired help to continue his line. It took him moment to catch and read the note with an um or two. "You may now kiss the bride."

"No, it's fine." Tavia said this time in dead pan. Allowing laughs to come across and both Katani and Tavia bowed to the audience. "Round of applauds to Kerdo here as well! And Kerdo, if you please, continue when ready, we'll prepare for the next part." she grinned as they again withdrew into the wagon to dress up for the next "sketch".

There were several different short scenes like this, ranging from commentaries on social structures and Factional humor in relation to Sigil. Though without too much condemnation on any particular faction as much as mortal behavior transcending through all.