Investigation into Alqario Mackensie story

This forum represent casual roleplay within the Sigil streets, its bars, and other "walk-in" roleplay avenues.
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Katani snickered at the mention of her encounter with Aoskar. "Hey now, I can only aspire to be in as good spirits as him if I ever die and get imprisoned. He's pretty nice chap." she grinned "Though furthermore aspire to never get in that position to begin with."

Then shrugged "Actually I'm here because a friend asked a favor outta me." a lobsided smirk spread to her lips "Personally I think most people in Sigil are sorta awful, forged into cynicism and acceptance of inability to change things through volume. And she's just a victim of that. So if you ask me - it was just people that did it to her. Merely happenstance it was in a temple. Ha."
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

He laughs next. "Well, I can tell you this; we Athar aren't just accepting things as they are. And it aint' just happenstance that it was a temple. It's happening in every one of 'em; priests saying some god gave the right to take your hard earned coin, or push chits like Miss Alqaurio in there to do their bidding."

He reaches into his coat for another smoke. "Yeah, she's a victim alright, but she aint' the only one, and that right there's the rub. Why we're making strides to do something about it all. "

The second smoke is lit by a spark at his fingers. He draws a puff, then offers her a a small wave. "You want to help with all that, or see just how far this rot goes in town, you should drop by the Shattered Temple. We can show you whats really going on in town, and why there's so much of that cynicism."

"Watch the spire." He says finally, as he begins to depart.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

"I mean... just maaaaybe you've got vested interest to see the fault of them, so... doncha take any offense if I take it with a cup full o' grains o' salt." she said while mimicing the act of holding an invisible cup from which she theatrically "took" with her other hand some of the phantom salt and sprinkled it back in as if to drive her point.

"Aaaanyhow, don't think we're gonna see eye to eye on this. But hey! Good luck anyhow!" she grinned. And started to make her way toward the Lady's Ward, said Sharessian shrine. Figuring she might as well head to the source. For now she took a looksie from the distance on what kind of place it was, and what sort of people went in or out. Particularly paying attention to seemingly younger people. And whatever opposition they might've managed to ruffle feathers of that might disrupt her investigation.

After a while she'd casually try to get an entry.
Taurus Daggerknight

Compared to many other temples in the city, the Sharessen one is bit on the small side. Perhaps too small for the surprising (or perhaps, not so surprising) number of petitioners coming and going. Surrounding the main building itself are several shops; some selling idols of Sharess and other holy figures in the faith, others selling reagents for the many rituals performed by the faithful. It's an odd scene, being a mixture of things one normally associates with religious callings, while also hosting more sexually charged imagery. There are, indeed, a good many shops selling the latter that are clearly not particularly concerned with any religious observance at all, and are merely cashing in on the popular promise of a pleasure cult.

The masses gathered are, likewise, an eclectic bunch, in age and race alike. The majority appear fairly young (though it's always hard to tell with elves...), but many older mortals can be seen as well. Not surprisingly, there are even many succubi prowling the area, though most notably keep some distance from the actual temple itself.

As Katani draws closer, the sounds of chimes, bells and string instruments fill her ears, and the strong smell of incense grows more and more intense. It soon becomes nearly as intoxicating as several cups of a fine vintage wine, something she can almost taste. The sound of low drums joins the other distant instruments, joining the scents in an unspoken urge for her to join the dancers and other petitioners in the temple complex.

No one stops her from ascending the temple steps, and entering past the main doors. The sounds and smells are closer inside, joined by low moans that echo down the stone halls. It takes little for Katani to place the nature of those moans, though the exact locations are hard to discern amidst all the other distractions.

Down the long hall, a statue of the goddess herself stands in a sensual pose, surrounded by oil lamps. Petitioners, priests and observes alike are gathered, paying their respects and begging their favors of the goddess. One of these priests notices Katani, and comes over to her with a broad small.

"Welcome, welcome!" he says in jovial voice. "Welcome to the house of the Dancing Lady!"
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

She had come here with full expectation of pleasure driven atmosphere, so most of it didn't shock her at all. Though many might confuse Katani to be religiously driven into such visceral venues that were in surplus here. But there was a certain misconception she had come to learn, this wasn't joy. It was addiction of pleasure. Sure Olidammara wasn't opposed to "revelries" here so displayed, but rather it was more than it. Something more ethereal, what required more than substances, more than just sex. They could attack her senses all they liked, but she knew - in a way, these people lived a shallow lives driven only by momentary urges, maybe to dull their minds wishing more. Pleasure had that effect on most, Sensates and planewalkers alike often mistook them as the same.

Despite this, she bought any picture or painting she deemed to be both incredibly lecherous, but also extremely goofy looking. Finally finding a painting of an absolutely gorgeous looking female body bending just the right way to highlight their arching features... except "she" had a gruff goofy bearded mans face with absurdly large moustache and over sized eyes, not at all fitting rest of the aesthetics. She was fairly sure said painter was making fun of the other artists around.

Interrupted from her thoughts by the sound of the man.

"Heya!" she smiled politely at the priest "I can hear it's party all day, all night, huh? Mind if I take a peek around?" she grinned. "Can't say I'm not a tiny bit curious with all these..." she thought of a round about word and winked very elaborately "... acoustics."

Regardless what the answer might've been she would also ask "How'd you even get license for all this anyhow?" and promptly added "- Not judging, just curious. Like seriously, I swear the Fated are getting worse every year. Or didcha cut a neat deal with them, huh? Because I sure haven't offered." she grinned.
Taurus Daggerknight

The priest- quite the picture of handsome by most Prime world standards- seems a little confused at Katani's last statements.

"I'm not sure I understand your meaning. Offered? And license for what? This is a house of worship miss. To a goddess of celebrations and delights. We perform no rites here which might warrant licensed exceptions to the law of the land, if that is your meaning..."
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Gave him a flat stare for a second, and in her mind it remained inconclusive whether the priest was dense or acting innocent, then grinned broadly "Worshipping! Goootcha, that's what they call it here." tapped her forehead as if it had been a word that should've been obvious, which merely had slipped her mind "Every place likes it different. Aaaanyhow." she walked briskly few steps looking about, her painting still held on hands. "So what manner of methods of worship are exactly open here? Because it sounds like some are real into it."
Taurus Daggerknight

The priest begins to look less than impressed at Katani's tone and choice of words, but he holds his head up and keeps his composure.

"We worship," he says. "By exploring the pleasures that the multiverse has to offer. In pleasure we find the path that brings us closer to the goddess. The methods are many; song, dance, and carnal acts. The last is known to be especially sacred."