Investigation into Alqario Mackensie story

This forum represent casual roleplay within the Sigil streets, its bars, and other "walk-in" roleplay avenues.
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Having been asked by a friend to look into it, Katani set out to look into the story written into SIGIS more deeply. She went through the old discarded volume of SIGIS to read the article "I was a teenage temple prostitute" - Mackensie reveals all! and thus far all she knew was that Mackensie supposedly worked for, or with, Cionell, the tailor at the Civic Festhall. And that the Athar were somehow taking advances thanks to this. And Sharess was some sort of hedonist faith thing. The things she did for a friend!

Katani made her way to the Civic Festhall, to the tailor Cionell specifically...

"Heya!" she started in her bubbly fashion as usual "So I'm looking for something awesome today. A new made-to-fit practical, yet pretty suit for every occasion, except fighting. And I've heard good things about this Alqario Mackensie that apparently works with you. Do you know how I could get in touch with her? Because I heard she doesn't like to screw around." she flashed a grin.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Cionell first smiled sweetly at the familiar bard. "Katani! So good to see you again!"

She blinked then at the inquiary, and then muttered something about how she actually heard a lot about Mrs. Alqario screwing around in the last Sigis paper. Thankfully, she did catch herself, and with a clearing of her throat (and some amount of embarrassed blushing), she spoke again.

"I mean, yes, she's normally not too hard to reach. Although I can't imagine she's chasing too many public meetings just now, what with that scandalous article. I tell you, they'll publish anything these days! Though really, I do wonder if it isn't true, right? Oh, how horrid if it is!"

The seamstress continues to babble various and sundry opinions on the matter, suggesting that she has indeed had quite a few chats about this with all her friends. All the while, she begins to pen an address on a small piece of parchment.

"Anyway, you needn't pretend that you're actually looking for her wares. I know you adventurers well enough to know that you're looking for the scoop. I mean, let's be honest, who isn't? Now, just as long as you actually do swing by some time for a proper measure before your next show, here. This is her address, just a block down the Ward. She normally doesn't take client orders directly - she works through the shops, see - but mayhap the old' star power routine will open the gate."
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

"Hey! That's judgemental." she said, and seemed a little bit offended even "I mean it is half the reason I'm looking her, though scooping ain't one of 'em. Just promised to help a friend. But doncha think I'll let slip a good chance for good well-fit clothes!" Katani grinned "Might as well be efficient you know, and finally get pants with pockets!" Katani grinned crookedly, taking the piece of parchment. "And maybe we'll fix that issue of hers while at it, toss in another scandal so she'll be forgotten! SIGIS workers don't mind, as long as it sells. Ha! Have a neat day Cionell!" Katani said in the passing and headed toward the direction of the address.

Dressing her now common maroon-sea green attire with the largest hat, she made her way to the indicated location down the block. Skipping through chipperly. Giving the door four rapid knocks, tiniest pause before giving it one extra for good measure and waited. Were the door to open, she'd flash her widest smile, at whomever opened the door "Heya! I'm looking for Mrs. Alqario, because boy do I've got a deal for them!" she rambled on whether or not it was them "See, I've been thinking about getting a new outfit... we've got this costume party coming up, and I want it to be all sorts of hush hush, but also real comfy. Now I know usually it's through the Civic Festhall, but I can pay extra." her tone shifted upwards excitedly toward the end, as her hands opened a pouch noose to reveal what amounted to loads of coins for them to see, and shutting it once more with one firm tug.
Taurus Daggerknight

The house Katani finds is rather upscale, for the Clerks Ward. So much so that it seems the owner might be trying to convince the dabus that it belongs in the Lady's Ward. The term Nouveau riche comes to mind.

The knocks are answered quite promptly by a dwarf, garbed in clothing that conveys the idea of "Butler" better than the word itself ever could. He has a bored countenance to him, and speaks in a droll manner, like he's had this exact conversation several times over.

"The lady Alqario does not take personal orders, and is not entertaining visitors at this time. No she has no comment on the recent rumors, and no , she is neither interested in finding a new god, nor in donating to the Athar...."

The poor chap really does sound like he's reading off an actors script, his eyes not even making contact with Katani or her coin purse.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Katani listened to the exhaustive list of how they weren't interested to be involved with external world, shrugged and stated "Neat!" then dug her hand into one of her belt pouches, drew out a small card which she handed over. "Well if she changes her mind, here's someone she can contact about the you-know-what topic. Free of charge." she said with a polite smile. "Ta-ta, have fun!" and she turned to leave.

Said card:
@s~ Katani La Calliwell ~s@

Fully licensed private investigator

Got a problem, I'll look into it. Unless you're a horrid person.
If I think it can still be amusing regardless, I just might anyway.

You can contact me at the Hideout, within the city of Baha,
at the Elemental Plane of Air. Or leave a note to Dion in the Bazaar.
Taurus Daggerknight

The dwarf takes the card, though he doesn't take a lot of time to read its contents. "I'm sure the lady Alqario will be delighted." he says, once more in that droll manner, before shutting the door.

As Katani goes on her way, she would notice a man in a cap and thick coat. Chuckling to himself while smoking a joint.

"Don't kick yourself too hard cutter. Aint' no on'es been able to get past the door." He says. "Broad talked to SIGIS, but now wont talk to no one. Funny that, eh?"
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

She walked away from the door and checked on the seemingly amused fellow. Offering a polite smile as ever. "I'm not kicking myself. I coulda done any number of things to shove my way inside without a problem... She's the victim of the story, woulda seemed weird to make them further into one. So... if they don't wanna to be involved, I respect that. Sorta her choice if she wants help or not. Her wanting privacy's hardly the worst thing in the Cage."

Studied the man "So what's it to you anyhow?"
Taurus Daggerknight

The man laughs at the question, flicking his smoke to the curb as he tugs at the lapel of his coat. Pinned on the inside of it is a Faction badge, identifying him as a Namer of the Athar.

"It's kind of the case in point to me, cutter. Well, me the whole shattered temple."

He extends a hand towards her. "Tag's Chen. Garret Chen."
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Her khaki eyes shifted to stare at the faction badge and flashed a polite smile at him. And a not so subtle tap at her holy symbol to Olidammara. "Katani La Calliwell, pleasure to meetcha Chen!" both to pry his reaction and to settle her stance on the political aspect. "So, general gist being "look at this fallible and meanie god"-thing? I can sorta see why she'd nooooot be quite ready for that."
Taurus Daggerknight

He blinks, then grins at the introduction. "Oi, Calliwell eh? You're the chit that didn't shiver none when you bumped into old deadbooked berk on the other side then? Good to meet you! You've got quite a rep in the Shattered Temple you do. Bloody good on you for not cow-towing to him!"

He chortles at the question. "Well, that's not really how we'd put it." He closes his coat once again, and gestures at the building. "We caught wind of that expose' in the paper, figured we'd ask her about it. I mean, if it's all true, it kind of goes to show, don't it? We keep trying to warn people about this kind of blech, but so few people are willing to just come out and share how bad they got it from the temples."

He motions at her next. "You figure it's true too, or you wouldn't be here I reckon. "