Lost promises

This forum represent casual roleplay within the Sigil streets, its bars, and other "walk-in" roleplay avenues.
Ailander

Posted by Ailander »

A lonely graveyard on top of a hill, bahind what looks like a temple to the lady of misteries, Mystra.That is the place where his friend is resting now. Kelian walks up between the tombstones, searching for a name, his armor has been hidden under a long brownish cape..not like the average people of Toril would recognise Solarian steel but he didn't want to catch someone attention. He traveled far across the Coast in those few days and his search leaded him there, stopping infront of the tombstone with a simple phrase write on it

"Here lies Sir Fenwick, devoted servant of our lady"

Once again, his expression did not flinch nor changed, he has become good in expecting the worst and was prepared for that.Even so, his heart skipped a beat from that sting of pain. Closing his eyes he lower his hood and kneel in front of the tomb

"..greetings, sir Fenwick" making a faint smile " i am sorry for being this late, but..i am back. There is..so much that i'd wish to say. I came back here looking for you, for sister Ashenie, Alarielle and many more..but of course...too much time has passed."

taking a little deep breath from the nose he pauses, to put a forget-me-not in front of the stone

"...i guess you all were quite mad when i left. Leaving only my books behind with my discoveries, proofs and leads to keep on the fight.Sending few letters, saying a "maybe one day i will come back"... I wonder sometimes if you ever used them, if they were of any help...if i was of any help."

slowly, he moves to sit down with his kneels up in front of the tomb, his tone a somber and calm one, like is talking to an old friend in front of a dirnk

"From what i know, noone searched for me, noone wondered where i ended up or what i was doing... i came back into this world, so different from the one i knew, hoping to find some answers...to see if i really did fail you all in your eyes. I ended up in the planes, you know?...i managed to speak with feys, celestials..fiends, devils...i believe you would have had some fun there."

making another faint smile, he closes his eyes before his expression becomes more neutral

"...you didn't deserve this. I was there, i have seen the sacrifices you had to do to help people..the blood you spilled and poured to save innocents from the spiders and fiends...and how did they repay you?...a little grave, in a forgotten place...i never understood the game you were playing...you were in the Court and could had changed things, oppose to the corruption and cruelty...not blaming you at all, of course. How could i? i witnessed that and just pretend to not see it...lost in my own pain and the greater enemy in front of us. I still hated it thought"

The aasimar opens his eyes once again to look at the grave and shakes his head

"I wanted to destroy it. That sick game of power that was making everyone go mad, turning them all into corrupted versions, parodies, of what they should had stood for...i never said it openly, but you are included. I respect you and still think of you as a dear friend, but for how much i can understand the need for what you were doing...dealing with thayans and zhentarim,putting on a smile for the Radiants and the Dariuses just to keep up appearances..i cannot accept it. Again, i am not blaming you...many knew of the corruption moving inside the Gate and noone did nothing. We are all culprits, if i was seeking for one, on how things went"

Rises a bit his gaze towards the blue sky, few clouds moving on the horizon while Lathander was slowly reaching his zenit, not staring directly at it for the bright light

"You know, Sirion was right. Also Lylan,Vanira...my actions leaded me where i am now and i reaped what i have sow...the last two were cruel in saying those words, but funny thing?...Shazy, you remember her?..she turned to a better leaf. Not taking any merit, mind you, she did all by herself...yet, i cannot stop question myself "would she be here, like this, if i didn't met her? if i didn't extend my hand to her and just turned her into an enemy like everyone did?"..she reached where is now thanks to her own effort and i could not prise her enough for it. I fear am falling in love with her uniyelding spirit."

He shrugs a bit then looking at the grave again

"Saying i fear, because i am already in love, with all my heart and soul, with a beautiful Deva,Meskhenet, that helped me find the will to fight again. I am blessed with her presence each day, i have good friends that are there when i feel the need to talk with someone, like Argent, Saiyuu, Danae, Dace,Dora,Lazuli,Starlight...are so many that sometimes i fear i am not giving enough and right time to each of them. I am still fighting. For them, with them, against very similar foes that we once faced on this very prime. I am using what i learned throught those months of pain in this place to help them however i can...i reap what i sow, and i could not be happier."

Slowly stands up again stretching his arms towards the sky, looking at it while continues

"I try my best to not make them sad or hurt them...i still fail, from time to time, and one example is exactly Shazy. I will try hard again, once more, hoping to not make a mess again...probably things will never be the same, but i will strive for the brighter days that once i have seen for the people of this land.Yet, i will never fight again for this prime."

Looks slowly back on the tomb with the neutral expression still on his face, making a soft sigh from the nose

"After all i have seen, after all the memories that i will probably never be able to forget, i cannot trust them ever again.You know, i discovered why celestials and denizens of the upper planes refuse to waste time on this ball...why we must always seek their advice throught many difficulties...i almost wanted to cry the first time i heard it and i was almost tempted to go to lady Alyssia and scream it on her face.Who am i kidding, i would had probably stare at her and say nothing...but she is gone, like everyone i knew. Maybe, just maybe, i could give another chance to this world, hoping they learned from their past mistake and give them a third chance...but why do so, when i have a home to go back to and friends and beloved that are waiting for me?"

Bowing his head a little he pulls up his hood once more

"Goodbye, my old friend. I hope you are happier, now, in the realm of your lady. Maybe, one day, i will see you again while planeswalking in Mechanus."
Ailander

Posted by Ailander »

A shot in the dark

*with closed eyes, he find himself to scan throught his past again. Hearing their voices, look at them in the eyes, it summoned back so many manners of memories, both bad and good, still ringing in his head like a movie that is unable to look away from, moments of happiness and joy, a village hidden in the deep of the woods, a tavern with a faint light. Tel'quessirs all around him,drinking,being merry, one of them rolling on the ground in a weird way. The memories crumble as spiteful voices comes in*

"what have you done this time?" "you are destined to fail" "you betrayed me" "there can be no peace" "things will never go back as they were" "your only presence gives me grievance"

"don't come back"

*and as the memories of those days crumbles, like a dam falling apart more memories floods his mind, the humans that mistreated him and spread vicious lies, the people he was trying to protect and left behind,the people that were standing at his side and decided to turn their backs, Ashenie's worried face*

*Opens his eyes wide,taking a deep breath while focuses again on his surroundings: the warm water gently cuddlying him, the green fields around those termal waters, a beacon of life in a barren and cold land...the golden statue of the beautiful elven goddess. His eyes stares at it for a while*

"..i wonder if is your doing...is because of the tale i told Meskhanet last time we were here? is it a trial? or you just want to see me suffer?" *his voice a bit cold towards the end, of course no answer would come back from the statue of the goddess of elven love. Realizing he is barking to the void he just look aside, towards the road that would lead back to the portal to Sigil* "..i have so many questions for them and i am not even sure i want answers myself...what they already told me is enough to make me feel bad for a life time...and of course, they should have arrived when there is so much to do..."

*again, realizing he is rantling one more time, closes his eyes in silence and dip his head deep in the water, hoping that the silence of its depths would help him somehow..to no avail. The memories subsiding only for those questions bombarding his head.*

Are they going to stay long? are they going to be intollerant again? would they realize will just kill them? should i worry for them? was she really sorry for what they have done? do they really realize how much it hurted? are the others fine?

did they really plan to kill me?

*when the last question hitted in, more memories came back of long talks done behind closed doors, events and meetings of war organization and political maneuvers far more darker than the ones he got used in Sigil. He gets immediately out of the water with his head taking a very deep breath, massages his face washing away the water and trying to get a hold of himself again*

"..probably is best if leave Nike or Sileas handle them...i am...less ready then i thought.."

*mumbles to himself before going back to stare at the statue again, in silence*
Ailander

Posted by Ailander »

Where have the times gone? (Spoiler, damn it i forgot this video and song. Is so freaking similar to the past situation that i almost want to cry XD)

Sitting at his usual stool, Kelian looked around the Heartfire..the place is cozy, covered in golden lights and the red walls and the oak furnitures make him feel warm, at home, his friends and beloved are all around him..a beautiful red haired woman, a tiefling man with a playful attitude, a young human girl follower of the dragon gods..so many women, wondered how it always happens that. Then she enters, golden grain hair long up to the back, slender figure and gentle face and appeareance...quite the beautiful elven woman.Like usual, she approaches him from behind but he is not afraid.

"Hey, my angel. Are we having fun? mind if i join in?" she giggled "yeah, i know is fine,just teasing. i love you"

She gently hug him with a smile, before going towards Adrian and sit next to him. It was fine, Kelian didn't cared to be loved the way she loved him. He was happy to be next to her, see her smile and protect all of that is more than he wanted to ask for.He closed his eyes, enjoying the bliss of that warmth

He looks so different as well, his appeareance is more carefree: the helmet was a bit silly, two large wings made of feathers of an eagle spruts on the side. A gnomish creation, gifted to him by a friend that said "You should not wear always a hood, this reflects you more". A red cape, with fluffy feathers of hawk makes a sort of shawl that covers him for the neck and the shoulders. That as well, gifted from someone that is long time gone after he abandoned him on the mountains of the Cloudpeaks,for some reasons he never tossed it away. Helped him remember those times in a better light.Finally, his armor was a very strange but comfort one, a complete armor but that was light as a breastplate. It was a gift of the elves, one in particular that died few months later because of the war, he was quite distrustful of him at first, but then opened up and gifted that to the Dawnbringer in sign of friendship. He was the first to tell him the truth about why people was scared of him later on...

and after reflecting of that thought, he opens his eyes, he is now completely different. His truesteel solarian armor colored as the sky, his several bags of holdings at the belt and the blue cape on his shoulders, forged to help him fight better. He is still sitted at the counter of the Hearthfire, but that golden warmth is gone, the place is a bit darker. The red woman that was smiling few moments before stops in front of him and putting a bit strongly her hand on the counter said to him

"What are you doing here, Kelian? you should not wander in someone else house uninvited"

He stared at her. In the past those words hurted him quite violently, but now he feel pretty much nothing. He just shrugged, taking few coins and leaving it on the counter

"..thanks, it was fun" he said nonetheless before walking out of the place. Out of the door many faces that he remembered at the time stared at him with judging piercing eyes. Some he considered friends, others he didn't care about at all but still tried to be good to them. Few were trying to reach at him but were stopped by the wall of people at his sides..and something odd happened...he sees his old version of himself walk in front of him, going out of that place, can still hear the people surrounding him whispers

"He is a traitor" "is destined to fail""cannot be trusted""You ruined everything"

and many others that he could not quite catch now, not like he cares, but his older version seems so in pain. Every steps he takes, he is crying while doing his best but, nonetheless, despite his efforts, at some point stops and sit on the ground, hugging himself and just letting tears flow out.

Tilting his head, Kelian starts to walk over his older version. The voices are pretty much a senseless buzz that doesn't make him even stop to realize, but other voices, the ones he could not hear behind those walls of people become stronger, overcoming the other ones

Child of light.....like them, you shine a light for both your predators and the other denizens of the ocean.. ..i will not let you fall.. ..knock it off already, he is a Morninglord, would never do those things.. ..i was wondering why you do that, now i know.....y-you have a kind s-soul....your presence bringed a change for the good, i know it....that's because you are a hero, that you like it or not... ..i don't know how you do this Kel... ...is an ungrateful job, noone thanks you and everyone complains.. ..i see you able to unite people against this.. ..is what makes you so endearing, and so infuriating... ..you are doing good, darhling.....i believe in you... ..as they changed their minds, they can do it again. Little by little....i am trusting you with my life.. ..the first time we spoke about you, he said has faith in you....don't let those bad spirits eat you alive... ..he is a trustful one.....because you showed me who you are

each passing one seems to remind him something, a situation, a place, people. He smiles while walking, actually trying to wave back towards them with his hand held high, untill he reaches his old self..and actually goes over few steps. Was about to walk away when decide to stop, reflecting on something, people who met now ..while those voices goes to him, he walks back

"Sounds to me like those people needs the visit of an inquisitor""you should not let others people darkness drive your thoughts""event after being beaten so hard you still shine such a light..is so humbling""if you ask me, you were wasted there""just because is something in the past, doesn't mean you can't have it again""Hero is not a worthless titlte. Is something that others refers to, you can't grant it to yourself.Is a burden, a bless and a curse.""in the end, only you can decide where to head from here. Don't worry, you will not be alone""We are friends Kelian"

Stopping in front of his older version he leans down offering his hand
"come on, they could use us both..."

but not even the time to finish the sentence that the golden haired elf approached again from the lines of those faceless figures, leaning down and embracing his older version tightly while with a harsh tone tells towards him

"You wasted your chance, you are a freaking monster that betrayed me! go away, noone wants you here"

and not even the time to answer back that everything goes black..

--------------------------

He wakes up suddenly, huffing a bit,focusing and trying to realize where he was. The second warm presence besides him, makes him remember that last night stayed there to sleep. Smiling a bit looking down to her, he gently pats her head but then moves away, taking his boots and heading off towards the window to take a bit of air

"..something i am missing, uh?...."

mumbles a bit while heads out, wondering on the words of Fraegr again...