A letter to Trevant, and the other Factor's

Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Greetings members of the first circle. I have a proposal. Something to remind the city of death, and what the Dustmen truly offer. Something to help the dead of the city, and help their families find true peace. Something to help bring more people closer to the true death, and help us care for the dead.

I seek to get the Hall of Speakers to allow us to build an above ground mausoleum within the Ladys Ward. For a few reasons. First, it would allow people better access to their dead. Currently those in the city must brave the depths of the catacombs, and have a Dustman guide to protect them from the errant undead. This is a problem. It enforces the idea that death is scary, a thing to fear and be avoided. We need to fix this. The main goal of the Dustman is to convince others of the peace of death. To accept death. To convince others to seek out the True Death. This cannot be done while people think of death as something scary, and related to violence.

Another reason is to bring us to mind. Most people want to forget about the Dustmen. We work in the hive, we live in the hive. outside of collecting bodies, most people never think about us. This hurts our chance at recruiting more members, besides those that have lost hope. The True Death can need can be diverse to be spread to everybody. Our path is not jut for hivers, its for as many people as will listen. The True Death brings peace, and offering it to more people helps our cause, and the multiverse at large.

Another notation is simply the respect of death. This will be the single best place to put the cities dead after they die. It shows a reverence and desire to treat the dead well that is not fully understood by most of the factions. Many times people look at how we dispose of bodies like us throwing out trash. This can be fixed, and our desire to show the dead the proper respect they deserve can be proven.

I would please ask that you allow me to pursue this goal. In the past, I have been allowed to function is a political member of the Dustmen on certain issues, such as the skydock. I want to set this up, and am willing to do all the work that is needed.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

If Miki was a fly on the wall of the factor's council, she might have heard something like the following -

"Vanities. . ." Factor Oridi's voice was soft and raspy, like a cold moaning wind. All three of her eyes slowly blinked.

"The long stairs down. . . the dark mouth of the tomb. . . the endless pathways of the dead, watched by the dead. . . these things remind the visitor that they draw close to the door of the underworld. That they walk the paths of the dead. What need have we for the frivolity of the Lady's Ward? We do not exist to please the nobles, or the masses. . ."

"And yet," countered Factor Trevant - the middle aged man had a scholarly air, and an almost businesslike attitude, "The influence of the faction would be increased if we had a presence in the Lady's Ward. Not to mention, no one could pass by the gates of the mausoleum without being reminded of their final end."

The discussion most likely went on like that for some time. What Miki finally received, however, was the following letter -
Mikistsanatl of the Fifth Circle,

Your proposal has promise. A mausoleum in the Lady's Ward would surely stand as a reminder to all about the True Death.

I do not think that we need to get the Hall of Speakers involved at this juncture. Not unless we exhaust our other options. First, we need more specifics.

Land in the Lady's Ward is hard to come by. We will need a large plot. Find out if anything is for sale, or can otherwise be acquired. A prominent location on a main road would suit our ends well. Such land is also likely to be highly sought after by the rich and powerful of the city, so use whatever resources you have at your disposal to create options.

Likewise, if you have contacts in the Fated, determine what permits and other legalities may need to be overcome to build a structure to house the dead in the Lady's Ward. I expect that there will be roadblocks; let us see if we can overcome them without getting the Council of Factions involved.

May you know the Peace of the True Death,

Factor Komosahl Trevant