Letters from the Society: Embassies and Trianym

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

The following letters are delivered to the Great Gymnasium, to the concerned factors, from the Society of Sensation.

The first letter, to the factor in charge of Embassies.
To whom it may concern,

I hope this letter finds you well, and your work is progressing smoothly. I am writing for two reasons - one, to inquire as to the status of the Githyanki and Githzerai embassies. As I am sure you are aware, the city's relationship with the Githyanki is tenuous, and I would like to offer the aid of the Society in smoothing over any misunderstandings.

Secondly, I believe that my own work in the Society may present the opportunity for cooperation between our two branches.

Both of these points would be best discussed further in person. Do let me know your availability, and I look forward to meeting you.

Warm Regards,

~ Sasha Andor
The second letter, to the factor in charge of the Trianym.
To whom it may concern,

I was overjoyed to hear that the Transcendent Order was planning to revitalize the Siglian tradition of the Trianym; it is a wonderful bit of culture which I do not think should have been allowed to fall by the wayside. It is also an excellent venue for communicating some of the changes the factions are currently enacting in the city.

I would like to suggest that our two factions host a philosophy debate at the Trianym. It would not necessarily be a debate between factions, but rather an opportunity for the factors of all the new city branches to discuss the particulars of their own philosophies. I believe that this would help further understanding in the Cage, as well as provide an enjoyable evening for all.

Do let me know if you are interested.

Warm Regards,

~ Sasha Andor
Addressed copies of the second letter - about the Trianym debate - are sent to Factor Abwan and Factioneer Altair, with a note that they should all meet to discuss the matter sometime.
Altair

Posted by Altair »

Altair's response is relatively prompt. A scruffy kid shows up at the Festhall to deliver it within the day. An additional copy is left with Factor Abwan by Altair himself, for the sake of attempting to coordinate.
Sasha,

Not sure where I'd begin on philosophy, but I guess I'm honored you'd want my humble opinion. What if we meet for dinner sometime in the next week?

Altair Tsaryov